Using SSH Proxy in GL.iNet 6416
In GL.iNet 6416, you can use ssh proxy. (these features are removed from AR150 firmware) Here are simple instructions.
- Navigate to “SSH Proxy” page.
- Check “Enable SSH Proxy” and “Enable transparency”
- Input your SSH server, .e.g using IP address or domain name
- Input your SSH username.
- Choose RSA for Authentication method. There is a bug for using password what cannot be solved by now.
- Copy the whole content of your RSA file, including the first and last line.
- Click Apply.
- Flash the page several time until you see the “SSH proxy” and “Transparent routing” are all in status “Yes”. Otherwise you may not connect to the Internet anymore.
Where to get RSA file?
If you have an SSH server, you are likely to have an username and password. Some servers requires RSA to ensure security. When using RSA, you don’t need type your password anytime. For example, I am using Amazon EC2. When I built the instance, it forced me to download a xxxx.pem file. This is the file that we should use as RSA.
If you only have a password without RSA file, you can try to generate one. Here is some guidance:
In your Linux,
ssh-keygen -t rsa
Follow the guidance to to generate two files, id_rsa and id_rsa.pub
Then upload the key to your server. If you are not to upload to the server, you cannot continue.
Then you can login using the RSA content.