Using DDWRT in GL-MT300N and GL-MT300A
You can use ddwrt in GL-MT300N and GL-MT300A. Here is one firmware that works, ddwrt for buffalo whr 300hp2
The firmware with name “firmware.uimage” is tested.
Steps to install DDWRT:
- You can flash this firmware to the router using the default WebUI. It passes the firmware check.
- After the router reboot, reconnect your network cable. Your computer will get IP address from your main router, not GL-MT300. Because this firmware bridges the two LAN ports.
- If you want to setup ddwrt, change your computer’s IP address to 192.168.1.2 manually then visit http://192.168.1.1
- Set up the WAN and LAN port correctly now. On the WebUI, go to administration->commands and put the following code in the input area, then click “save startup”
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 1 set ports '1 2 3 4 5 6t' swconfig dev switch0 vlan 2 set ports '0 6t' swconfig dev switch0 set apply nvram set lan_ifnames='vlan1 ra0 ba0' nvram commit
- The default user is root and password is “admin” in case you want to use ssh.
- For the first time you set up ddwrt using the webUI, you need to set up your own username and password. Don’t forget this username and password!!!!
- After login, add security for your wifi. By default it is open.