- Personal Information We May Collect
- How We May Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Your Rights and Choices
- Data Transfers
- Individuals Located in the EEA or Switzerland
- Children’s Privacy
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Third Party Services
- Update to this policy
- How to Contact Us
- GL.iNet hardware products (“Products”),
- website(s) that may be accessed at http://www.gl-inet.com/ (“Site”),
- services, including technical support and services accessible through the Site(s) (“Web interface”),
- software that may be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet to access services (“Mobile Apps”), and
- subscription services
Third parties may also integrate GL.iNet’s Products and Services into their products and services and we are not responsible for this integration. Additional information on our privacy practices may be provided in other documents such as offer descriptions, supplemental privacy statements, or notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection.
2. Personal Information We May Collect
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with the Service.
- Personal Information We Collect Directly From You
- Registration. In order to use the Services, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information when you create an account on GL.iNet or install and register to GL.iNet-marked software(s), register a product, complete a survey, or sign up to be on our mailing list. We may ask you to submit the following types of Personal Information: first and last name, country, email address, product serial number, date of purchase, telephone number, shipping address, and proof of purchase. We may also collect additional personal information such as your interests or hobbies, your gender or age.
- Information you voluntarily share or post. We may collect Personal Information that you provide in GL.iNet and GL.iNet-marked software(s), or post in a public space on our website, such as message boards.
- Customer support. We may collect information through your communications with our customer support team or other communications that you may send us and their contents.
- Payment details. We may collect credit card and billing information, including credit card number, billing address, credit card expiration date and credit card security code to process your order.
- Product Usage. We collect information related to the use our products and devices and statistics about the performance of your GL.iNet devices. This information includes Inter GL.iNet speed, voltage information, storage information, error rates, and other performance information.
- Ads and Social Media Platform. We may collect information when you interact with our advertisements and other content on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as "Likes", profile information gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
- Third-Party Personal Information. If you choose to provide us with a third party's Personal Information (such as name, email, and phone number), you must ensure that you have the third party's permission to do so. Examples include but not limited to providing us with the names and images that you associate with account users, forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend, or sending job referrals.
3. How We May Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes
- Provide you with the Service and communicate with you. We will use your Personal Information to deliver our Services and to interact with you directly.
- Maintain, improve and develop products and Services. We will use your Personal Information to ensure our Services are working as intended and to make improvements to our Services. We will also use the information we collect in existing Services to help us develop new ones or to customize Services for you.
- Internal data analyses. We use Personal Information for internal analytics to understand how our Services are used.
- Marketing. We may send you marketing communications about products, contests, sweepstakes and any other marketing activities) either directly from us or from our partners. These might be our own offers or products, or offers for third-party products we think you might find interesting, but we do not share information with third parties for their independent marketing or promotional purposes.
- Protect our company, prevent fraud and securing our products. We may use your Personal Information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites.
- Compliance with law and other standards. We may use your Personal Information as required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over GL.iNet or its affiliates.
- Other activities. We may process your Personal Information for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share Personal Information in the following ways or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time of data collection:
- Within the GL.iNet family of companies worldwide. We may share the Personal Information we collect with our headquarters and affiliates.
- With service providers. We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality and security measures. Examples of services include: processing of orders and credit card transactions, sending marketing communications, sharing your email address to assist us with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- We may share information for legal reasons. We will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of GL.iNet if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of GL.iNet, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Others. If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
5. Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we maintain about you and certain choices about what Personal Information we collect from you, how we use it, and how we communicate with you.
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing and promotional emails. You can press the “unsubscribe” button at the end of the email or contact us at email@example.com to file a request.
- You can choose not to install our applications.
- You can update or delete your account. Through your account settings, you can update some of your Personal Information or delete your account. However, if you delete your account, you may not be able to fully use the Service.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, delete your account or submit a request to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
6. Data Transfers
7. Individuals Located in the EEA or Switzerland
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your Personal Information for the purposes listed under 3above based on the following legal grounds:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information. For example, we may seek to obtain your consent for our uses of cookies when you visit our website, or to send you marketing communications.
- We need your Personal Information to provide you with Products and Services requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to use or disclose your Personal Information, for example, if we are responding to a legal process or an enforceable governmental request.
- We (or a third party) have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for things like:
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our Services to meet the needs of our users
- Developing new products and features that are useful for our users
- Understanding how people use our Services to ensure and improve the performance of our Services
- Customizing our Services to provide you with a better user experience
- Marketing to inform existing customers about our Services
- Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security, or technical issues with our Services
- Protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of GL.iNet, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Performing research that improves our services for our users and benefits the public
- Fulfilling obligations to our partners like developers and rights holders; and
We comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate safeguards for the transfer of Personal Information to countries other than the country where you are located. In particular, we use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information to third parties, such as the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
You have the right to request access and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, to restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, to have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. In addition to the above-mentioned rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority subject to applicable law.
In addition, if we rely on consent for the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
GL.iNet International Limited is the entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Information, and you may exercise your rights to your Personal Information by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at:
GL Technologies (HK) Limited & Microuter Technologies Limited
210D Enterprise Place, Hong Kong Science Park, HK
8. Children’s Privacy
Our Products and Services are meant for adults. We do not knowingly allow children under 16 to set up GL.iNet accounts. If you believe that we may have collected Personal Information from someone under 16, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
9. How We Protect Your Personal Information
If you participate in a discussion forum, local communities, or chat room on a GL.iNet website, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e. your public profile) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither GL.iNet nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. GL.iNet is not responsible for the Personal Information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Retention of Personal Information
We also take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it or when you request its deletion, unless we are allowed or required by law to keep the information for a longer period. We complete periodic reviews of our databases, and have established time limits for certain data deletion, taking into account the type of services provided in the context of the Products and Services, the length of our relationship with you, mandatory retention periods, and the statute of limitations.
10. Third Party Services
11. Accessing, Reviewing And Changing Your Personal Information
Using the Products/Services, you can access and may be able to edit or remove the personal information you have provided to us. The information you can access through the Products/Services may change as the Products/Services themselves change. When you change information or delete your account we may maintain a copy of the original information in our records for no longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy and as permitted under applicable law. Additionally, we may use any anonymized or aggregated data that is derived from your personal information after you update or delete it; however we will not do so in a way that identifies you personally.
12. Update to this policy
13. How to Contact Us